Thinking about working with us? Bad idea. Learn why in 15 questionable reasons.
Adviso is already 15 years old!
Circa 2002, two geeks passionate about digital marketing, Simon Lamarche and Jean-François Renaud, decided to go into business by setting up a firm offering digital marketing consulting services: Adviso. 15 years later, the company has more than 80 motivated specialists and serves a vast diversity of clients, from innovative start-ups to well-established corporations for their digital needs, from media strategy and user experience to content strategy, digital transformation and data science, to name a few.
To underline this important step, the team started a quite improbable brainstorm: ironically identifying 15 reasons not to like working at Adviso.
Why Adviso might not be for you?
1. Here’s the first. Sadly, fun is unavoidable. We’re all encouraged to take breaks – even worse, we take them whenever we need to.
2. The Adviso blog has been around for about 15 years, and gets about 20,000 visitors a month. Nothing worse than having the industry listen when you speak.
3. The third reason is about transparency. It’s really annoying to be asked to share your opinion on everything! They’re even making us give input on the design of our next office.
4. The fourth reason is that after three months, our team lead builds us a personal development plan based on what we hope to accomplish. All this looking to the future is not for everyone.
You won’t like working at Adviso if you hate 5 à 7’s, funny stories, karaoke and popcorn. It’s impossible to get all the beer, wine and spirits out of the fridge.
6. The FunFou committee (off to a bad start) organizes too many athletic events, like weekly bootcamps. Seriously, jeans are expensive.
7. The 7th reason you won’t like working here is that all we have is espresso and tea in the kitchen. It’s not much of a reason though; there’s a Second Cup across the street if you prefer.
8. It’s exhausting to work with such a seasoned group of experts, who create custom tools and share their knowledge at internal trainings.
9. The ninth reason you shouldn’t work at Adviso is pretty lame: the terasse. Team SPF 45 or 60?
10. When a person you’ve recommended is hired, the agency pays for you to fly anywhere you want. Say Gracias to the recruitment program!
11. Unlike many agencies, Adviso is still being run by the same two geeks who founded it 15 years ago. It doesn’t look like that’s going to change anytime soon.
12. The 12th reason why it really sucks to work at Adviso, is that we have entirely too many tools at our disposal. And if that wasn’t bad enough, our research and development team, Stark, is constantly creating new things to meet our needs. Enough, already.
14. Getting your vitamins in pill form is way less taxing on your digestive system. Why do we have to suffer a fruit buffet all week long?
15. The 15th and final reason why you might not want to work at Adviso: any employee can borrow the corporate passes anytime to go get pruny for free with friends or colleagues. It’s super simple, you just need to book in advance.