Arrived at eMetrics, Toronto – a portrait of what lies ahead
After a wonderful 5-hour train ride with ultra-slow WiFi, here we are finally at the Marriott Eaton Center in Toronto: we are at the eMetrics Marketing Optimization Summit. Small disappointment upon our arrival: we believe we meet Avinash, but the one we meet is just a simple Marriott employee. Another thing, I have a Simon Lamarche badge. Flattering, but I like to be myself.
Big day ahead:
- Jim Sterne, eMetrics organizer and founder of the Web Analytics Association. He gives us a quote from Avinash Kaushik about a simple explanation of bounce rate:
“I saw, I clicked, I puked”.
No comments, but so true.
- Jeffrey Graham, New York Times
- Jim Novo, Drilling Dow
- Caroline Burns of Chapters/Indigo
- June Li, ClickInsight: Where to start, setting performance metrics and pitfalls to avoid
- Corey Mathews, Forrester Research
Toronto is a pretty city, I walked there last night. You can see right away that it is a bigger city than Montreal. With its tramway, its large modern and imposing buildings that surround magnificent historic buildings. In any case, this is the view we have from our hotel, Trinity Square.