As a member of the management team who reports directly to the CEO, the Senior Director of Finance develops and executes Adviso’s financial strategy as their primary responsibility. The Senior Director is also responsible for the supervision and reliability of the accounting, administrative, material and legal activities of the company. This individual is responsible for managing investment and financing projects towards the realization of the company’s growth plan. The Senior Director of Finance is a business partner who plays a key strategic role in collaborating with various departments in the organization in order to optimize their performance and prepare business cases.
Here’s what your day will look like:
- Develop and optimize strategies for pricing, cost prices, and the profitability of contractual agreements in terms of both products and services we offer
- Determine budgets to be deployed for various services based on company priorities (marketing, development, community involvement, etc.)
- Provide guidance to the organization in terms of investment and business opportunities
- Orchestrate and realize financial transactions relating to acquisitions and the development of new markets
- Participate in contractual negotiations with our partners’ and clients’ purchasing departments
- Provide advice on legal aspects relating to transactions and contracts and maintain relationships with the company’s legal advisors
- Prepare for R&D activities and financial planning related to grants and other programs
- Support the Vice-Presidents and Directors in the optimization of their P&L reports
- Establish and track programs ensuring the company’s succession plan
- Manage and coach a team composed of the Accounting Director and their teams
- Plan and manage the company’s philanthropic programs
- Plan and manage the company’s financial assets
This challenge is for you if you have:
- A graduate education in accounting or finance
- A recognized diploma in accounting and/or finance
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in a position with similar responsibilities
- Experience in the acquisition/development of new markets
- Experience in contractual negotiations and the legal aspects of financial transactions
- An excellent business sense and strategic abilities and are focused on taking action and obtaining results
- An understanding of and experience with the consulting industry (this would be an asset)
- Experience in managing shareholders, dividend programs, etc.—this would be an asset!
To succeed at Adviso, you must be:
- Capable of strategic thinking, making connections and finding business opportunities
- A team player with strong interpersonal skills who is attentive to the needs of our Directors and VPs
- Able to influence others in order to guide the management team towards choices that are in line with our financial capacity and 5-year growth plan
We thank you for your interest in being a part of the Adviso team. We will consider your application carefully and in confidentiality. Rest assured that you will be contacted if your profile matches the challenge above.
Please note that we encourage everyone to apply, regardless of their gender or their origin!