Adviso is currently looking for a data engineer to complete its Data Science and Engineering team. At Adviso, the Data Science and Engineering team develops and markets innovative solutions in data warehousing, data science, marketing AI and RPA (robotic process automation) for a variety of well-known clients.
The data engineer will be asked to work in tandem with specialists in business intelligence and marketing, data scientists and analytics developers. This engineer will work on the development and design of solutions for projects in the areas of digital marketing, API development and cloud-based DevOps (particularly Google Cloud Platform), as well as support the production of machine/deep learning models.
A typical week for the data engineer will include:
- Designing and developing innovative scripts and APIs to connect and automate an ecosystem of analytics and digital marketing platforms (data from Google, Facebook, Amazon, etc.) in cloud-based warehouses or data lakes
- Supporting the development of engineering and data modelling solutions towards the production of deep/machine learning models
- Participating in DevOps engineering activities in cloud-based, analytics and MarTech environments
- Developing SQL requests (particularly in BigQuery) and Cloud Functions in order to transform data (ETL, ELT, EL)
- Taking part in brainstorming sessions with internal teams and clients to find possible solutions in automation and data engineering
Don’t have enough experience in digital marketing? You will receive both support and training:
Adviso understands that good data engineering specialists who have mastered digital marketing don’t exactly grow on trees (except maybe in San Francisco). That’s why we’re ready to invest in you if you have the minimum professional requirements and possess a university degree in software engineering or computer science.
Adviso is a company that invests a lot in its employees. If you can demonstrate your talent and potential in an interview and succeed in tackling the challenges that come with this position, we’re ready to make an investment!
This challenge is for you if you have:
- A degree in software engineering, computer science or IT, or some other technical training deemed to be equivalent
- 1 to 3 years of experience in data engineering, ideally in the context of big data for digital marketing, analytics or business intelligence (BI)
- A familiarity and, above all, an interest in data engineering for the purpose of transforming data in warehouses or data lakes
- A good command of Python and SQL
- An intermediate-level understanding of cloud-based data warehouse solutions such as BigQuery, Snowflake, Redshift or Azure Synapse
- A good understanding of cloud-based environments and solutions (GCP, Amazon, Azure)
- Certification by Google Cloud, AWS, Azure or Hortonwork, as a very handy asset
- An understanding of Google Analytics and ad/MarTech platforms, as an asset
To be successful in this position, you must be:
- Eager to understand the full potential of data and to deploy it for the benefit of an organization
- A rigorous, organized and meticulous data geek
- Focused on searching for efficient technological solutions
- A qualified developer with a strong interest in structured and unstructured data and the opportunities these present
- Driven by higher-than-average quality standards
- Independent and endowed with great resourcefulness
Thank you for your interest in being part of the Adviso team.
We give our full attention, in complete confidentiality, to each resumé submitted. However, although we’re grateful for every application we receive, only those whose profile matches the challenge we’re offering will be contacted.
Adviso makes it a point of honour to offer its team members a healthy, inclusive, safe and accessible work environment in support of adequate labour standards for everyone.