Adviso is searching for an analytics engineer to join our data collection and engineering team. At our firm, this team supports clients in activating the full potential of their customer and operational data. The team guides clients through their first steps in data collection by establishing pipelines and data processing tools to make the data more comprehensible and facilitate their analysis by our clients’ teams or our own analytics teams.
In this role, your responsibility will be to establish marketing data warehouses and guide our team of integrators to ensure their data collection designs facilitate useful data activations.
While this is a technical position, the analytics engineer must be able to thoroughly understand our clients’ business needs in order to target the best ways to respond to their challenges.
A typical day will involve:
- Understanding your clients’ analytics needs to ensure data tables respond to their business issues
- Designing data models adapted to requirements, including modern visualization tools (Looker, Looker Studio, PowerBI)
- Developing SQL requests to process data with DBT or directly in data warehouses
- Designing scripts to connect with and automate an ecosystem of analytics and digital marketing platforms (data from Google, Facebook, Amazon, etc.) in warehouses or cloud-based data lakes
- Guiding our customers on the best tools to meet their needs, mainly for data ingestion and transformation in a cloud environment
- Supporting the development of engineering and data modelling solutions for the production of machine or deep learning models
- Assisting and coaching the integration and specification team which handles integration of analytics solutions
- Supporting the Sales and Advisory Group departments in project estimation
This professional challenge is for you if you have:
- An excellent understanding of SQL
- Experience with DBT
- Experience with several modern data integration tools: integration (Fivetran, Supermetrics, Airbyte), warehousing (BigQuery, Snowflake)
- A good understanding of front-end data analytics tools (Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Amplitude) and how tag manager tools work (Google Tag Manager, Adobe Launch)
- An excellent grasp of French and English, both oral and written
- The right to work in Canada
To succeed in this position at Adviso, you must be:
- Eager to understand the full potential of data and deploy it for an organization’s benefit
- Passionate about coaching and sharing your knowledge with the team
- Interested in working on the entire data value chain (collection, integration, warehousing and analytics support)
- Rigorous about the quality of the deliverables you are responsible for
- Well-organized and meticulous
- Focused on finding effective technological solutions
- Adequately qualified in development
- Guided by higher-than-average quality standards
- Independent and resourceful
Thank you for your interest in being part of the Adviso team.
We give our full attention, in complete confidentiality, to each resumé submitted. However, although we’re grateful for every application we receive, only those whose profile matches the challenge we’re offering will be contacted.
Adviso makes it a point of honour to support adequate labour standards for everyone by offering its team members a healthy, inclusive, safe and accessible work environment.